Saturday, February 04, 2017

Meet the cartoon me (Fiverr Service)


Not sure if I posted it somewhere that I had plans and ideas for our blog..well I did bounce off the ideas to my brother Phlebas and some friends, and one thing they said in common is if I am serious of pursuing it I should have a card for our blog.

Well, this got me thinking, it will not only be good for the projects that I am planing but it will also be useful when I attend some bloggers event.

That's it I decided to design our card...then I got stuck...the design I had was boring hahahahha. I want to put a face to Miss Chuchubells thats not literally me, toink!! I could cartonize myself...

Having said that got into my lappy and googled cartonize and what ever words that i could think off and actually tried some online freebie sites...sad to say I failed or was not happy with the result.

I came across Fiverr last year and I've been browsing their site every now and then..so last month I decided time to cartonize myself and let someone do it for USD 5.00 which I think is reasonable.

Oh, you could create an account using your Facebook or Google+ account.

After browsing through several accounts,found 3 artist, 

Contacted them and sent them 2 photos of mine.

 

Seller 1: drawyourphoto



Price: USD 6 ( inclusive of processing fee of USD 1)
Duration: 3 days
Standard order
you will get : 1 picture with plain white background & 1 picture with blue background

I did requested from drawyourphoto that I wanted to be drawn wearing a black top with red polkadots :-)                            




How it looks like as a business card


Seller 2: mattintheworld



Price: USD 6 ( inclusive of processing fee of USD 1)
Duration: 5 days
Basic cartoon: includes a 700 x 990 px cartoon


  • Color
  • Full Body
  • 1 Figure
  • 2 revisions  
After 5 days he sent me..
  • High Resolution
  • 1 Figure                             



I requested that I would be wearing a black dress and red shoes.




I kinda didn't mind doing the hand wave thingy coz in real life I do actually do the Miss Universe wave when someone calls me in public hahahah but then it does look funny right?

                                
I did requested a revision from from mattintheworld asking him if he could put both of my hands on the hips instead which again I always do hahahahah...the strong woman pose.

On the same day he sent me this


How it looks like as a business card


Seller 3: janielescueta




Price: USD 6 ( inclusive of processing fee of USD 1)
Duration: 4 days
Cute Caricature :For 1 person Catoon



 How it looks like as a business card


Overall my experience in using Fiverr is great, will I use any of their services again?? Of definitely for the projects that I have, will need help hahahahah and the price is so affordable.

Now my dilemma is what should I use for our calling card? Please weigh in your thoughts in the comment section.



Want to know more about Fiverr or give it a try??


Till my next adventures Belles!
  

author image

Miss Chuchubells

Miss Chuchubells was born and grew up in Manila, Philippines in 1973. She left Manila for Singapore in 2001and still lives in there with her Hubbyness and brother. When not updating her blog, Miss Chuchubells is a passionate food enthusiast, proud coffee fanatic, social media advocate, tv fanatic , amateur travel buff, beauty newbie but mostly she is a dreamer and believes that “People are capable at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.” and she is living it right now.

8 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. I have my photo on my card, but a drawing is much cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! Fiverr is my go-to website when I need design done fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!
    You've actually given me the confidence to go out & try the website.
    I was really put off recently but janielescueta is right up my street x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea, Looks like I want to try this on my blog. Glad you share this with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a card it would never have occurred to me! I love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a brilliant idea and I think I will be heading down this route when it comes to designing my own cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great alternative portrait for your business cards, they are all great but I like number 2 the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love number 2. It captures your likeness more and looks fab on the card.

    ReplyDelete